Works on Plexiglas 2014
Jean-Pierre Sergent work in progress at the Besançon studio's for his new series of paintings on Plexiglas: The Entropic Suites, Summer-Fall 2014
- 1 > 7, Cutting in large rolls of BFK Rives paper into sizes: 1,20 x 1,07 m, with Christine Chatelet.
- 8 > 36, Cutting in the films with the plotter machine and peeling off the opaque ruby part not to be exposed.
- 37 > 46, Reclaiming old silkscreen frames with the Karcher gun.
- 47 > 55, Coating the silkscreen frames with light sensitive emulsion.
- 56 > 69, Exposing the frames with the films in the light-box table and removing the unexposed emulsion.
- 70 > 84, Blocking the small pinholes on the silkscreen frames.
- 85 > 118, Hand silkscreening the images on Plexiglas panels with a squeegee.
- 119 > 154, Painting 3 coats of monochrome acrylic color on the back of the Plexiglas panels with a brush.
- 155 > 163, Painting 3 coats of gesso on the back of the Plexiglas panels with a roll.
- 164 > 170, Painting 2 coats of varnish on the back of the Plexiglas panels with a roll.
- 171 > 177, Sticking the bands of Velcro on the back of the Plexiglas panels.
- 178 > 180, Shooting photos of the new paintings.
- 181, View of the painting storage.
- 182 > 195, Adjusting, mounting, polishing and packing the new Plexiglas paintings, with a check pattern of black and colored Plexiglas rectangles, with Jean-François Delamain.
- 196 > 203, View of the new paintings from the Entropic Suites series, to be exhibited at the MAG art fair of Montreux, Switzerland in november 2014.
- 204 > 206, Installing the show with Christine Chatelet & Jean-François Delamain, on November 5th.
- 207 > 2010, View of the exhibition at the MAG Montreux, Suisse, November 5 to 9 2014.