WOPART (Work on Paper Art Fair) OF LUGANO
Opening hours for the general public
Thursday 20th, Friday 21st, Saturday 22nd and Sunday 23rd September From 11 am to 7 pm
Day ticket 15 CHF
CONTACT WOPART : www.wopart.eu | firstname.lastname@example.org | +39 0522 631042 |+41 765872382
CONTACT GALERIE KELLER : Heidi suter | www.kellergalerie.ch | email@example.com | + 41(0)44 202 09 63 | + 41(0)79 329 58 56
The exhibition of work on paper from Ancient to Modern, Contemporary art represents today the most anticipated event for collectors that gravitate on the Swiss Ticino. On top of this, it is an occasion for events such as: public exhibitions, meetings between galleries, members of the public, companies and institutions. In the 2018 edition they reach out more than 90 major galleries from 14 countries that will show exhibits that range from drawings to oil paintings, from graphics to photography.
DIRECTIONS & FAIR FLOOR MAP
Highway A2/E 35- Lugano South EXIT (Swiss Motorway Sticker for CHF 40) following the direction of Lugano-Centro and then following Gandria direction.
French-American artist, he developed his repertory of artistic forms in the United States and continues to work and exhibit regularly in France and the rest of Europe and China since 2016. The artist is going to present at WOPART, with his Zurich Gallery's, about twenty pieces from his Shakti-Yoni: Ecstatic Cosmic Dances new series (25 x 25 cm), 2017-2018. They are acrylic silk-screened and Indian ink painted over Rives BFK 280g and yellow Wang Sketching 80g papers. Numerous videos and interviews had been realized about the work in progress of this new batch of artworks. The Gallery is also going to exhibit some older medium sized works on paper (76 x 56 cm) from the years 2002 to 2006.
ABOUT THE SHAKTI*-YONI*
It is a work from the artist’s maturity. Free of dithering, detours and regrets. It delve right into the heart of human trueness and world soul. With its rigours, its boldness, its colours, it takes the artist himself, then the viewer by rebound, into states of full power, full freedom, full consciousness, full enlightenment! At the core of Life with its main primary preoccupations and interrogations like: presence, sex, death, desire, body, memory. It’s an art of experience and testimony. Sergent is revealing to people that we can exist within joy, being demiurges and masters of its own life, into sexuality, danse, spirituality and ecstasies. As he deeply stated in this text:
"These bodies of women ecstatically dancing, like the mystical dancing Dervishes Turners, are both fixed points here, and infinite there. They drag us with them in whirling and cosmic dimensions, creating in a true sense vortices of energies towards the possibilities of other lives, other pleasures, other experiences. […]
Their Yonis, moist, gushing, obscene, and wet, with gaping lips... symbols of the female sex, which in the same way in India are adorned, fed, and coated with butter, flowers, and various offerings and always pierced by the lingam*, Herculean cock rising towards the sky…
Genitals open, offered, desiring… those female warriors are hoping for a man’s cock and his cum, in such an exciting and regenerating homage danced as in Stravinsky’s Sacre du printemps, but, in this never-ending and eternal dance, there is no need to wait for the Seasons to come back in order to revive their humongous desires…! […]
Jerky movements, pulsing rhythmically, or arhythmically, in a despairing contemporary pornographic solitude, which still bring us back sometimes to the origin of being, primary energy, the first cries of the child brought into the world or the first orgasm. In the same way that the Water, the Sea, the Ocean, and the Universe, encompass, submerge, and nourish us like the orphans we are all today, since the Spirits and the Gods are dead; killed by those other than us!
But the artist remains optimistic and he tirelessly pays tribute to the dance ... to Nature ... to the color ... and to the feminine energy of the Shakti-Yoni force...!"
* Shakti is the concept or personification of divine feminine creative power, sometimes referred to as “The Great Divine Mother” in Hinduism.
* Yoni (womb, uterus, vagina, vulva or source) is a stylised representation of female genitalia representing the goddess Shakti in Hinduism The male counterpart of the yoni is the lingam. The union of the yoni and lingam represents the eternal process of creation and regeneration, the union of male and female principles, and all existence.
* Lingam is a column-like or oval (egg-shaped) symbol of Shiva, the Formless All-pervasive Reality. It is an abstract or aniconic representation of the Hindu deity, Shiva. The lingam is often represented as resting on yoni.
> Biography > Communiqué de presse (J-PS Fr) > Press release (J-PS Eng) > Press release Wopart fair (En)
- 1 - 25, Shakti-Yoni, Ecstatic Cosmic Dances, acrylic hand silk-screened on yellow Wang paper 80g & white B.F.K. Rives paper 250g, 38 x 37.5 cm, 2017.
- 26, 46, Shakti-Yoni, Ecstatic Cosmic Dances, acrylic hand silk-screened and Indian ink on white B.F.K. Rives paper 250g, 25 x 25.5 cm, 2018.
- 47 - 49, Beauty Is Energy, acrylic hand silk-screened on Rives BFK 250g paper, 76 x 56 cm, 2002.
- 50, 51, Sky Umbilicus, acrylic hand silk-screened on Rives BFK 250g paper, 76 x 56 cm, 2006.
- 52, 56, Bones & Flowers: The Metamorphosis of Life, acrylic hand silk-screened on Rives BFK 250g paper, 76 x 56 cm, 2016.