CULTURES-ENERGIES / Arbeiten auf Plexiglas und auf Papier
79410 Badenweiler, Germany
Opening reception June 8th at 5pm
Exhibition curators : Dr. Ingrid Jenderko-Sichelschmidt & Hans Frick
JEAN-PIERRE SERGENT developed his repertory of artistic forms in the United States and continues to work and exhibit regularly in France and the rest of Europe. He recently exhibited at two solo exhibitions in major museums: the Musée des Beaux-Arts of Mulhouse in 2011 and the Courbet Farm of Flagey in 2102. In spring 2013, he also had a huge solo show of large works on paper at the Omnibus Gallery of Besançon, France.
The current exhibition at the Kunstpalais will present paintings on Plexiglas and works on paper from the artist New York's early years and some more recent works completed in his actual Besançon studio’s.
The title of his current show, Cultures-Energies, is self explanatory. Sergent ingeniously weaves the culturals images from contemporary erotics Japanese mangas drawings into the iconography of indigenous tribal cultures and patterns. His main thought is to believe that previous pre-industrials cultures, iconographies and rituals are still present in our imagination and our unconscious.
As a contemporary artist, Jean-Pierre Sergent feels really inhabited by all those “primitives” believes and sacred thoughts of being connected with the life primal energy and the mystical feeling of being interconnected with the Cosmos and the Universe, in a sort of a fusion, or a tantric cosmic dance! Sergent's paintings impulse the viewers with streams of pulsating life-forces primary Sex-Death energies, regenerating its lives and its souls, throughout his art, which is the medium, the message and the memory of this wonderful epic journey of everyone human being life experience.
The show presented in the beautiful gallery space at the Kunstpalais is an occasion that you will not want to miss.
- Opening hours:
the Kunstpalais Gallery is open from Tuesday through Saturday 2.00 pm to 6:00 pm and Sunday from 10:00 am to 6:00 pm.
- Artist's encounters dates :
- Sundays June 9th & 30th & july 21st from 2.30pm to 5pm
- Artist talk with Dr. Ingrid Jenderko-Sichelschmidt June 30th at 4.30pm
CULTURE-ENERGIE, EXHIBITION'S LAYOUT & LIST OF THE EXIBITHED WORK
- x 1 Bondage & freedom, silkscreen on paper, 1,50 x 3 m, 2008
- x 7 Paining on Plexiglas, painting & acrylic hand silkscreened on Plexiglas, 1,40 x 1,40 m, 2009-2011
- x 8 Large Paper, acrylic hand silkscreened on Rives BFK paper, 1,22 x 1,07 m, 2002-2011
- x 20 Small Paper, acrylic hand silkscreened on Rives BFK paper, 0,42 x 0,41 m, 2010-2011
- x 4 Sky Umbilicus, acrylic hand silkscreened on Rives BFK paper, 76 x 56 cm, 2006
- x 2 Half Paper, acrylic hand silkscreened on Rives BFK paper, 1,20 x 0,80 m, 2009
- EXHIBITED WORKS
- PAINTINGS ON PLEXIGLAS
- WORKS ON PAPER
- OTHER SIZES OF WORKS ON PAPER
- 2 - 7 : Large Paper, acrylic hand silkscreened on Rives BFK paper, 1,22 x 1,07 m, 2007-2011
- 8, 9 : Half Paper, acrylic hand silkscreened on Rives BFK paper, 0,80 x 1,20 m, 2009
- 10, 11 : Sky Umbilicus, acrylic hand silkscreened on Rives BFK paper., 76 x 56 cm, 2006
- 12, 13 : Beauty is Energy, acrylic hand silkscreened on Rives BFK paper., 76 x 56 cm, 2003
- 14 - 20 - Mangas, Yantras & Otras Cosas, acrylic hand silkscreened on Rives BFK paper, 42 x 41 cm, 2011
- PRESS ARTICLES
LES MAUVAISES FREQUENTATIONS BADISCHE ZEITUNG
- EXHIBITION VIEWS
- 17, 18, with Andrea Gawaz et Hans Frick
- 19, 20, the Kunspalais team, Hans Frick, Vera Eichholz-Rohe, Andrea Gawaz, Wolf Hoess, Ulrick, Marc Gruninger, Paul Jenderko, Rolf Eder, June 30th 2013.
- 21-30, photos of the artist talk, by Vera Eichholz-Rohe, June 30th 2013.